Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Gear...



Been expanding my shop quite rapidly in the last month... A lot of new additions from lights, grip, new storage and transport methods, etc.

One of my key new items is a 4ft 4bank Kino Flo which has made my life a lot easier on location. That said it's becoming increasingly more challenging getting gear to and from location and making sure nothing gets lost in the craziness of production. I'm constantly having to think and re-think everything from transportation to storage to on set organization. As a DP you also can't get hung up with the concerns of the equipment while on set and you have to leave it to your crew to handle it. I'm trying to make it as much a streamlined process as possible but it's always an on going process..

Sometimes I wonder about gearing down just to the basics - lightmeter, digital SLR, good HD portable monitor, LED panel light, charts and my own set of filters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home